Back from an amazing weekend on the Mediterranean… and here is the scoop!Caution: long post!!!
Friday morning we woke up at 4:15 to meet the bus at 5:30 to leave for our getaway! (Paige and Lauren Kenny were lucky enough to get a phone call while waiting!) This was an optional, highly-popular trip planned by Umbra. 45 of us got to spend the weekend between Pompei, Ischia, Capri and Napoli Italy! Friday morning we bussed down to Pompei and spent most of the day there. After a five hour bus ride, we were all anxious to get off the bus and walk
around! Pomei was beautiful and very interesting. I think that the roommates enjoyed it more than I did – I have never been much of a history buff! However, it was very interesting to hear the story and to walk through the ruins. I know that someday I will look back on it as one of those “Yeah, I’ve seen that!” places (a popular term we have coined.) We walked in a ancient brothel, stood in the smaller amphitheatre, walked through the streets, and saw fossilized bodies and dogs in the ruins. Those were really
breath taking and moving – you could still see the look of shock, horror and pain on their skeleton faces. It was unbelievable and really sad.We then wondered through the new city of Pompei, grabbed a pizza and jumped on the bus and headed for the Port of Napoli (Naples) to catch our ferry to Ischia!
(continued in the next post!)
No comments:
Post a Comment