Monday, September 3, 2007

An Italian internet point?

Ok you all know I type fast... but this is really hard! Its my first time on a european computer... and its so different! (Shoutouts to Janna and Paige... it must be driving you crazy that I am not putting apostrophies inbetween things... but I cant find it!)

The only cool thing about this keyboard is that I can write things like £ and ç and à and ò and § and ù with just one keystroke! Too bad the SHIFT and enter and ctl keys are all over the place!

So today was full of a lot of planning! I had class from 9-12, then went to lunch with Lauren (one of my roommates) then went back to class from 130 (1330 in Italia) to 3. Then the girls and I (Cathy, and two of our neighbors, Madelene and Kate) went down to the track to run. Let me tell you. Running on a track in Smithsburg or Elon is one thing... but running on a track that over looks the Umbra countryside was UNBELIEVABLE. We had to take the escalators down underneath the city to get to the track and had to run along side middle-aged Italian men wearing very very short shorts, but it was worth it. We have promised to go at least four times a week, to keep each other in shape. I am so used to having my gym-fanatic roommate that its comforting to have other girls here that want to stay fit.
When we got back we sat down andtalked about some of the things we want to do the rest of the semester. I also heard from Kayleigh (who is in Florence) and Will (who is in Rome) that they are soon planning trips to Perugia!! The roommates and I, and some other girls, are already planning on spending this weekend between Assisi and Sienna, the third week in September on the Almalfi (sp?) coast, weekend trip to Prague in November, and a possible fall break either in Greece, the coast of Spain or Germany. I am HOPING to go to Croatia for Thanksgiving (Cathy wants to tag along...) to round out the trips. We think we are going to do the major Italian cities... Rome, Florence, Milan and Venice... at different times this fall as well.

Thank you to everyone that has been leaving me messages, responding to the emails, and (most importantly!) writing on the facebook wall. I am sorry that I havent been the fastest to respond, but being 6 hours ahead is harder than I thought. I am normally online at what would be around 8am EST (2pm here)... so those early birds, feel free to IM me!

We are very excited to have this internet point literally within a two minute walk, however they dont have AIM and I am not about to ask someone in my Spanglianish (Spanish and Italian and English) and go through cherades to ask for AIM.

Ciao a tutti (goodnight all) y buona notte!

No comments: