Sorry it has been so long since my last post! The last week has been full of adventure, lessons learned and planning for the rest of the semester!
Last Friday I was in Tuscany for a class field trip (my class is titled "History and Culture of Italian Food," so you can assume what the trip entailed!), spent the night in Florence with my Aunt Sylvia, and then met the girls in Cinque Terra for the weekend! Saturday was spent hiking to all five towns (Cinque Terra = five villages), swimming in the Almafi sea, having a fabulous dinner, and recooping from the long hike!
This week we started our second week of classes. So far my favorite is my Creative Writing class - my professor is very engaging and challenging, but really pulls good stuff out of us! My homework for today (due at 3:30... ah!) is to sit and describe a place in Perugia. I can do that! Should be fun, and I'll be sure to post a writing masterpiece (haha) on the blog for you all to see!
THe roommates and I have spent some quality time together. We have decided on Greece for fall break, had an American dinner (accompanied by an "I-miss-America" conversation) at Hogan's, a very American bar, on Monday. Last night we went out to dinner with our new friend Will, one of my fellow Marylanders on the trip! Lana, Cathy and I are getting excited for our trip to Capri, Pompeii and the island of Ischia this weekend! Will be sure to post a picture or two from that trip!
Hope all is well back in the states!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment